- This event has passed.
2023 SEA Annual Conference – “Back to Basics; Into the Future”
November 11 @ 9:30 am - November 12 @ 5:00 pm£90.00 – £330.00
35th Annual SEA Conference – “Back to Basics; Into the Future”
Timetable for the weekend will include presentations and workshops by:Yaqui Andrés Martinez ~ Todd DuBose ~ Emmy van Deurzen ~ Claire Arnold-Baker ~ Ernesto Spinelli ~ Paulius Skruibis to mention but a few…
This year’s conference theme invites us to re-examine the core of existential psychotherapy – its philosophical foundations, therapeutic approaches, and lived experience with clients. By reflecting on our past and present, we can gain clarity and perspective to carry our practice confidently into the future, we will explore:
– What are the essential tenets that define existential psychotherapy? How do we remain grounded in these foundations while allowing space for growth?
– How has our understanding of concepts like freedom, responsibility, meaning, isolation, death anxiety, and authenticity evolved over time? Which interpretations still hold true and which may need re-thinking?
– How do we honor the diversity of identities and experiences in our field and clientele? How can we make space for more voices to be heard?
– What cultural assumptions underpin our theories and methods? How can we adapt to meet changing societal needs while staying true to existential principles?
– What emerging ideas, technologies, therapies, problems or populations should existential psychotherapists engage with? How do we thoughtfully expand our scope?
– What is the role of existential psychotherapy in the future? How can we as a community meet humanity’s needs in a changing world?
This year’s conference is a chance to reconnect with our roots, share wisdom, and envision how existential psychotherapy can continue to enlighten and heal. We will challenge each other, open up new perspectives, and come away invigorated by the passion and care this community embodies. We look forward to powerful conversations as we find our way forward together.